Dog toys are more important than we might imagine. Most of us live busy lives– whether you’re a bachelor or an integral part of a family unit, man’s best friend often ends up spending a little more time alone than most of us would like… Luckily, we’ve done the research to find the best dog toys to keep your pal occupied and entertained. They don’t make all dog toys equal, as each toy can serve a different purpose to a different capacity.
Whether you’re looking for a simple dog toy– a new batch of chew toys or plush toys, something you can fill with peanut butter, or just a new tool for all your games of fetch — we suggest considering an interactive dog toy.
Interactive dog toys allow your dog to be entertained in ways that a regular toy for your dog just cannot provide. Obviously you love your pet. Interactive dog toys come in many shapes and sizes, but whatever one you choose will likely be the favorite toy amongst all the other dog toys, providing mental stimulation for countless hours.
We’ve done a lot of research and come up with the best interactive dog toys on the market. We’ve looked at the integrity of the build of the toy, how long each lasts, whether the toy comes with seriously positive customer reviews, safety, and more– all to make sure you get the most bang for your buck, and joy for your pup!
Let’s dive in.
Table of Contents
Top 3 Best Dog Toys
1. Interactive Dog Ball- FurryFido
- MENTALLY STIMULATE YOUR DOG: This food-dispensing interactive dog toy keeps dogs mentally and physically active while they play. Available in two sizes – 3 inches for smaller dogs (10# & UP-NOT FOR TOY DOG BREEDS) and 4 inches for larger dogs.
- CUSTOMIZABLE IQ TREAT BALL: Your furry friend gets smarter as they play with this interactive dog toy dog ball, learning how to roll the ball to get dog treats to fall out. Adjust the desired difficulty level using the ball’s adjustable interior disc.
Not your average chew toy, this exciting and interesting is durable, beloved by canines across the land, and you can even put treats inside that get dispensed. Really, this suited all sorts of toys. Some say its one of the best toys for poodles, but many other breeds that are nothing like poodles seem to love it, too. It is well-built and will last far longer than all the tennis balls you can imagine, which is what we should be looking for from our dog toys. Dog toy options don’t get too much better than this.
2. Zoo Friends Burrow
- Dog Puzzle Toys: Treat your pup to this hide and seek dog toy that gives your pet hours of fun digging the chipmunks out of the log.
- For Puppies and Dogs: This squeaky dog toy is a must-have for your puppy. Each chipmunk has an irresistible noise maker to keep your best friend entertained!
This is a far less expensive toy for your dog. Chew – friendly and durable, this squeaky little toy features a bright, colourful design and a selection of little animal friends for your dog. Better than a simple treat, ball, or bone, this engaging and stimulating toy has smaller toys inside of the big toy– in fact, it has four separate parts which your dog will learn to take apart and engage with separately. Yes, this is not your average dog chew toy.
3. Outward Hound Hide N’ Slide
- INTERMEDIATE LEVEL FUN: The Dog Hide N' Slide level 2 intermediate dog puzzle is a fun hide-and-seek challenge that requires your pup to learn how combined actions lead to a tasty reward! Great for dogs who have mastered level 1 puzzles.
- CHALLENGE YOUR DOG'S MIND: The Dog Hide N' Slide is an interactive treat puzzle game that works your dog's mind while reducing boredom and destructive behavior. Swivel to hide treats under the flippers or place them in the blocks through the top opening for an added challenge! Your pup will need to take sequential steps to release the final rewards!
This will surely become a favorite among your dog(s) toys! With 7 mechanisms that will temporarily conceal treats from your dogs, toy’s like this are rare. But it’s low-maintenance and easy to manage. There are no parts that require assembly or are easily removed, it is super washable, and the cost is extremely low.
Outward Hound (rights reserved) is an extremely popular brand and we are not associated with them at all, just big fans!
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I keep my dog entertained while I’m at work?
Mental stimulation is exactly what dogs need, and toys almost always do the trick. The more toys, the happier the dog– you might not realize, but dogs get bored, too! Plus, the more toys, the more likely it is that your furniture, carpets and floors, and ornaments around the house will stay safe from the dreaded teeth of your four-legged friend!
What are the most durable dog toys?
All of the toys featured in this article were chosen partly for their durability. A lot of dogs, even little ones, are far more aggressive chewers than we realize. Now, “indestructible” is a strong word, but the rubber being used on high-end dog toys seems to get about as close as you can get. You want something interactive, sturdy, and that will keep your dog stimulated. All the toys we mentioned in this article meet these criteria and more!
What are the best toys for small dogs?
Not all dogs are created equal. Just as this is true physically, it also pertains to the type of toy that will generally be enjoyed by the dog. The best toy for one dog might not be the best for another. When choosing a dog toy for your little guy, don’t fall into the trap of buying something expensive just because of its reputation when it is actually bigger than your dog! Small dogs like toys that are not bigger than they are. Whether it’s a stuffed toy or a chew toy, the best dog toys for little dogs are suited to their small teeth and their smaller statures. Keep this in mind!
What are the best dog puzzle toys?
The “Outward Hound” dog toy we mentioned in this article is a great example of a “puzzle toy.” When treats are hidden inside the toy, but the dog needs to do some problem-solving and maneuvering to get that toy, it is going to stimulate them mentally so well that they will be endlessly entertained! Look for dog toys similar to this– often with sliders and other mechanisms that create a bit of a challenge for the pup. Obviously, they are not too advanced, but they definitely stimulate their mind and keep them from getting too bored.
Look, we realize that dogs will sometimes have different habits and preferences. Some will love a simple squeaker, others will prefer chewing on the cheapest things, and some don’t want the cutting-edge freshly designed toys available on the market but will prefer to tug on something totally unpredictable. This may be true, but these products are great to play with and are a pretty safe bet– and they’re all available for an affordable price on Amazon. Dog owners do a lot for their furry friends, still though, it never hurts to give them a new toy. Buy your puppies one of these toys and they will be the happiest pets you can imagine, often using them for years.